We take your privacy seriously. However, when you use our website, you also have responsibilities which are outlined in our Terms and Conditions section of our website. We recommend that you consult these Terms and Conditions prior to using our website in order to inform yourself of your obligations.
What information we collect
We collects certain personal information about persons using our website, including their name, e-mail address.
We also gather certain electronic information, which is generated by your computer when you interact with our website.
Why we collect personal information
Amongst other things, Sight, Sound & Action collects personal and electronic information for some of the following reasons:
- To understand your needs and to provide the services offered to you on our website (for example, to deliver the services you have requested, to deliver products you have bought through this website).
- To design, maintain, manage, improve, market and provide products and services on our website.
- To organize contests or other promotional activities.
- To provide you with the latest information about Sight, Sound & Action, including our shows, products, services, programs and promotions.
How we collect personal information
We receive and may store any information you enter on our website. For example, we collect information you provide when you send us an e-mail or call us, enter feedback. The information we collect may include:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
We wish to remind you that of the above information you provide us with is on a voluntary basis.
How we collect electronic information
When you visit certain pages of our website, our servers send "cookies". Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. Our servers also record your IP address (IP stands for Internet Protocol, a number that locates you in cyberspace) and the web pages you have visited. Such electronic personal information is transmitted to us automatically.
Cookies are saved, for a limited period of time, on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies enable us to retain certain important information about your use of our website, including the date of your last visit to the website, the pages you visit, the files you download and the type of browser you use. Overall, Cookies help us to determine the number of people who visit our website and the frequency of these visits. They also allow us to personalize content, respond to your requests regarding products and services, and keep you informed about new products. This way, we can improve our website and its services.
If you do not want to receive cookies, the "help" function on the toolbar on most web browsers will instruct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have your browser notify you when you receive new cookies and how to disable cookies altogether.
How we use, communicate and save your personal information
We maintains personal information only for as long as is it is necessary or useful, or as required by the Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act. We have also established conservation and destruction policies for personal information it is not required by law to maintain.
We may use your IP address and your e-mail address for a variety of purposes, including:
- to estimate the number of web surfers in certain countries or regions of the world that visit our website;
- to fix Internet service problems pointed out by our users or by our information technologies supervisors;
- to send you information and updates about activities, privileges, promotional offers, products and services offered by Sight, Sound & Action or its sponsors.
Children under the age of 13
To use our website, you must be at least 13 years of age. This website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a child has provided our website with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian Contact Us and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
If you submit personal information, including your résumé, through the Sight, Sound & Action Recruitment section, the following additional conditions shall apply, and by submitting the information you agree to these conditions:
- We may use any information that you supply to us throughout Sight, Sound & Action and our affiliates and other related entities, for the purpose of employment consideration or response to your inquiry, as well as providing the information to third parties who work with us and who might consider you for employment or be able to respond to your inquiry.
- We may choose to contact former employers and/or references and/or verify information provided to us by you, with or without providing advance notice to you.
- After an offer of employment is made, we may request that you submit verification of your legal right to work in the location of employment, and the offer will be conditional on your having such right.